How can I improve the energy performance of my building?
The main role of the Energy Certificate is to indicate whether or not a building needs improvements to become more “economical”. In other words, if it needs Thermal Rehabilitation and to what extent.
Moreover, any Certificate issued must contain “recommended action” – the most important part from the standpoint of the owner or future owner.
The lower the energy class of a building is, the sooner the works of thermal rehabilitation should take place and on a larger scale. The costs and benefits considering the general savings generated must always be taken into account.
As the increase in energy prices is a certainty, the efficiency of the rehabilitation work is growing.The most effective methods of improving the energy performance in terms of cost versus benefits would be:
- Thermal insulation of external walls
- Use of insulated windows
- Thermal insulation of roof or terrace
- Optimizing the interior lighting and using natural light as much as possible
- Optimizing the hot water heating
- Optimizing the heating and cooling system
- The use of renewable resources as much as possible